Every year the fashion industry convenes in Las Vegas for the bi-annual tradeshow, MAGIC, where insiders are able to check out the latest and greatest in retail for the following season. Everyone in fashion, from retail buyers to designers, fashion editors to bloggers, come together and enjoy three full days of fashion bliss. This year, the whirlwind event will take place from August 17-19 and we had a chance to get a sneak peek of what’s to come…squeal!
Leslie Gallin, President of Footwear at UBM Advanstar, is not only a highly respected industry leader, she’s also THE shoe maven. As the brains behind footwear industry giant, FN PLATFORM, Gallin is a driving force when it comes to new designers and trends. She shared with us a few of her favorite footwear trends to look out for in Spring 2016.
1. Penny Loafers – One of the hottest shoe trends of the season, penny loafers are back in a big way! The nostalgic shoe trend offers a sophisticated look paired with comfort. Found in leather (distressed or patent), suede or print, the options for this look are endless!
2. Metallics – Spring 2016 is calling for lustrous shine! Whether it’s head-to-toe technicolor or just a touch of glimmer, this iridescent style is becoming the next closet staple. The best part of this revival? Any color will do! Gold, silver, technicolor or every trendsetter’s current favorite – rose gold!
3. Booties – Season after season, this look remains. Booties have been found to wear well throughout each season; whether paired with a dress or shorts, or worn with jeans. Make an investment in leather or suede booties, because this style has proven its staying power.
4. Woven and Leather Materials – Whether crafted with a more natural fabric or modernized with a bold, technicolor look – woven fabrics have been popping up more than ever before! This handcrafted looks offers subtle dimension while remaining casual and contemporary.
5. 1940’s & 1950’s Revival – No longer associated with granny styles, the 1940’s and 1950’s are having a major moment. After a few seasons of a masculine aesthetic, feminine looks are making their way back. Everything from a rounder toe, kitten heels and slingbacks – add the perfect touch to this feminine silhouette.
6. Varied Heel Heights – Women can now rejoice! Varied heel heights are trending for spring; meaning the same high fashion shoe styles are available with a few height options allowing no woman to ever choose between style OR comfort again!
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC. As an incubator of fashion, MAGIC is where new trends surface and develop into what will be seen on the consumer. The show’s goal is to connect and inspire the fashion community. The August 2015 MAGIC will run from August 17 – 19, 2015. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.
About FN PLATFORM