Ahhhhh…Pure Barre. My home away from home this last month! Guess what? Don’t regret a single ab-tucking minute of it either. This week marks a special round of squeals for me because…drumroll please…it’s the end of my first month as I bounce back from baby! Sorry, but I’m kinda patting myself on the back and I may or may not have had a mini Kit Kat. Blush.
I love being with my friends at the barre! For an hour out of my crazy-busy day, I can completely zone out and focus on getting my body healthy. So, you might ask…what have I noticed? Have I seen results? The answer is YES! Combined with watching my diet with Weight Watchers, of course, I’ve really and truly seen my body ever-so-slightly bounce back. Now, we’re not talking hey, my tummy’s already flat, y’all! We’re talking, my tummy’s getting super stronger and I’m starting to see my muscles take shape. Bouncing back from baby, in my opinion (and for my particular body type), should be a slow, steady process. I’ve been losing about a pound-and-half to two pounds a week lately, and since I’m nursing baby L, I wouldn’t want it to be much more.
So over the past month or so, I’ve lost a total of EIGHT pounds! Hey, I’ll take it. I’m not back in my skinny jeans yet, but my current clothes are feeling looser and I’m feeling more confident in my body. I still only feel comfortable in a loose tee and tummy-trimming leggings (shhhh), but soon enough I think I’ll be able to wear some of my bigger jeans with my shapewear (did I mention how shapewear is life-changing? It is. Even if you work out!)
So since it’s been a month, I thought I’d share with you some of the things I ❤ about Pure Barre:
1. The schedule! I love how it’s offered so many times every day of the week. I usually stick to the same time, but if I miss a day or time I’m used to attending, I know it’s way easy to make up. It also holds me accountable for the week when I book my classes at the start of a new week (it’s so easy online!).
2. It’s unlimited. Since the Baby Bounceback package is unlimited, I could go every day. Err, I go four and I think that’s plenty! Wink.
3. It’s for everybody. I really don’t ever have to worry about comparing myself to others because there are all shapes and sizes at barre…all levels of experience. You have to start somewhere!
4. The music. I think I’ve said this before, but when I’m tucking to Pharrell, it truly makes me “happy.”
5. The moves. I used to think my Pilates class at the gym was fun, but this class really incorporates everything. There’s a warm up with planks and push-ups, hand weights, barre work for legs and “seat” as they call it, lots of stretching (which, by the way, I feel way more flexible and I’m not a flexible person…), lots of ab work (which I love) and lots of bridging (one of my fav Pilates moves).
There ya have it…a month! I must say half the battle is getting to class (rush…rush…rush), but when I do, I’m so glad I made it. Pure Barre, I just adore you.
Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, so please consult yours before starting any new diet or exercise plan. I was not compensated for this post, but was provided the PB Baby Bounceback Package for the purposes of my reviews. All opinions, as always, are my own.
Share the post "Trimdown Thursday: Why I Heart Pure Barre"