Since I’m outta this office this week (and all designers, stylists and celebrities seem to be “incredibly busy” this week), I thought I’d rehash a style post of mine right about this same time last year…good ol’ 2012. Shall we dub this a Throwback Thursday, eh? About this time last year I was discovering the goods of Lauren Conrad’s line at Kohl’s (pretty unexpectedly amazing) and my love for ankle booties was juuuust beginning. Ah, memories. (might I add I still wear this outfit religiously and have these cutoffs with me right now)
Tonight, I celebrate my 8-year wedding anniversary (11 days early) at the same place we had our reception…swoon. And next time I write to you I’ll be back home trying (ugh) to get back in the groove of reality. Until then, I’m savoring every last moment of the precious, glorious beach...
I told you I would have to show you my new suede ankle boots…just couldn’t resist. I’ve been wanting a pair of ankle boots for days, months, years (ok, I’m exaggerating a bit now..but, you get the point!). And before you say “these aren’t heels,” yes indeed these Diba Cal Ico boots do have a 1.5-inch heel on them, thanks! (Even when I wear riding boots, I like to have a little lift, even if it’s a half inch…)
It used to be we had to toss our boots aside for the summer, but ankle boots are a great way to incorporate them into the summer wardrobe – just add cutoffs, right? They also look super-adorable with sundresses (natch). These guys are so, so comfy, and come in many colors. I’m pretty partial to the “camel” shade I own, but the darker brown “cognac” color is especially chic as well. I have to tell you I’ve been nothing but lazy ever since our backyard pool opened a couple of weeks ago (guilty as charged), and I’ve wanted to live in these boots all around town. Don’t worry, the wedges will be back in no time, but for now, I’m enjoying being a little cowgirl chic…hey, I am from the south.
Here’s how I wore my heels:
* Green top by Splendid – (an absolute fav brand of mine for being so on trend and super-duper soft. There’s nothing else like it! I found this one on a recent Anthropologie splurge.)
* Soft coral cutoffs by LC Lauren Conrad from Kohl’s (a new fav line of mine that’s way affordable. I was surprised how well these shorts fit – for just $30!)
* Pearl/gold necklace from local shop, Tulips
* Floral oversized clutch gifted by Accessorize (did you know oversized clutches are always omg-worthy? they are.)
* Wooden “Bliss” Bangle, gifted by Karen London (Just discovered this amazing line of jewelry and heart every piece, for serious. I love the gold studs on this bangle, and it goes with so much in my closet!)
* Suede ankle boots, gifted by Diba (so, so comfy!)
Share the post "Throwback Thursday: How I Wore My Heels"