I’m soooo excited to finally try ShoeMint, y’all! I just think the world of Rachel Bilson and her stylist Nicole Chavez (who are co-founders of the shoe line), and nearly every single shoe style ShoeMint designs seems like it’s meant just for me. So good! One of the latest shoe trends is WHITE, so when ShoeMint sent me the April lookbook, I immediately chose this color to give it a shot. Honestly? My expectations were very low…I mean, I was taking a huge chance here because I just kept having flashbacks to those white patent things I wore to Sunday School when I was eight. Well (thankfully) that didn’t happen at all and after test-driving these babies I was left with a passion for white on my feet. Who woulda thought? What makes it even better is that they go so, so well with the season’s pastel hues…and bold colors, too!
I’ve also been trying out Gap‘s newest skimmers and holy pastel-loving pals. These are keepers! They are the perfect length for showing off heels (granted, they’re great for flats as well.). This pastel blue is such a pretty shade for spring and honestly one of the more wearable hues for a strawberry blonde like moi. They fit true to size and I’m grateful for that stretttttch. I’ve been experimenting with the tucked-in shirt, but I still love putting a very flowy shirt with the skinny. It never gets old; trust.
Now for the even better news? To keep the week-long celebration going as I Heart Heels turns five (!), I’m giving away a pair of these white ShoeMint heels (the braiding around the back is quite exquisite, so they’re not your average…). Just enter your info in the box once again, and I’ll pick one winner at random next week. Of course, come back tomorrow for yet another shoe giveaway. Yep, I’ve gone nuts! 😉
P.S. Here’s how I wore my heels:
– Cobalt blue button down from Marshall’s (besides coral, this color is a fav…it just pops!)
– Hot pink/white belt from J.Crew (I’ve had this for years, and have just now really gotten use out of it now that neon’s so hottttt)
– Pastel blue skimmers gifted by Gap (Comfy as can be, you’ll wanna own at least one pair of these this spring. Keep in mind they fit like a glove, and that’s how it’s supposed to be! At just $69.95, you just can‘t beat the price!)
– White pointy-toe “Lulu” heels gifted via ShoeMint (you should def go up a half size when ordering…they fit a tiny bit snug at the widest part of the foot…but they are just the most darling things!)
– Necklace from local shop, Tulips
– Handbag by Urban Expressions