little C’s way into “bendy” straws, so I thought, what if he had a straw all his own? That he could reuse? That’s where Strawesome comes in, yay! They sent us their “Just for Kids” autumn amber straw (the closest color I could find to little C’s fav, orange) and it’s really come in handy. (especially for those times when I’ve forgotten to ask for a straw in the bag on the way home from grabbing milk on the fly! besides do you know how many straws we just use and throw away, use and throw away…) Yes, it’s glass, and that also means it’s better for your lil’ one to suck than icky plastic (picky, yes, but it’s true).
Since it’s easier to let you read all the facts to tell just how awesome it is, I’ll lay them all out for ya from the site:
- Made of borosilicate glass tubing which is the strongest commercially available glass. This is the same glass that Pyrex® is made from.
- Borosilicate glass is also non-toxic, so you can feel confident when drinking hot or cold liquids that no toxins are leaching into your beverage.
- Annealed (slowly cooled to make it tougher and less brittle) so that it is dishwasher safe.
- Beautiful yet functional. The decorative version allows you to distinguish which straw is yours and also stops it from rolling on flat surfaces.
- Handmade in the USA
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t love your straw, send it back for a full refund.
- Lifetime guarantee against breakage. If you break it we will replace it
Oh, and here’s the disclaimer from the company’s site reiterating that these are still glass (!) straws, so pleeeease supervise!
*Please note: This straw is not made of special “indestructible” glass, it is the same glass as all of our other products. It is still breakable and adult supervision should be exercised when children are using this straw. Please treat this straw as you would glass drink ware, remove it from the child’s possession when they are finished so that it does not become a play thing.
[Photo from Strawesome]