Lately, D. and I have been scouting out things to do besides go out to eat dinner and see a movie (yawn). So, we decided to join the local arts center. Yay! I’ve always loved art (and he appreciates it very much as well), so it’s something we can do on our “date nights.” And when there’s a new exhibition, they have a little cocktail party for members only – oh la la. Hey, it’s something for this outside-of-New York-gal, right? And, as my mom suggested, it’s a great way for me to wear all these heels I own. Wink.
Before I do my round-up, let me tell you about JustFabulous. It’s by the works of the (fab) Kimora Lee Simmons. You take a fun quiz, a team of style experts choose a slew of shoes for you and you buy what you want for $39.95 each. Free shipping, and you can always exchange (whew). More exciting news? Celeb stylist Jessica Paster (Kate Beckinsale, Emily Blunt, etc.) is the chief stylist and she’s designed her very own holiday collection of 10 shoes – from blue sequined stunners to these satin peep-toes (oh, there’s a pair of thigh-highs and sparkly flats, too!). It was love at first wear for me.
Here’s how I wore my heels:
* Gray tunic gifted by Kenneth Cole (I received this through my role as a Vogue Magazine Influencer, and it’s super soft! I picked it out because I wanted a shirt that was long enough for leggings, and for some reason, those are RARE.)
* Green Gobstopper necklace by Amanda Pearl (I just love how festive it is for this time of year…I always like to add a little pop of color to my otherwise-muted outfits.)
* Metallic TB Logo clutch gifted by Tory Burch (You can carry this on a chain strap that’s obviously removable since I chose to carry it as a clutch here. There’s even a tiny mirror inside!)
* Black sweater leggings by Express (I used a gift card I got from the Lucky FABB conference to score me some loot from Express.com on Black Friday…what a deal because they were only $20! Looooving how thick they are for winter!)
* Ankle-strap satin peep-toes gifted from JustFabulous (such great party shoes, and they zip up the back for easy off and on)
* Belted coat by GUESS (I bought this for one of my fashion week escapes and wound up not needing it when the weather turned HOT…you just never know in NY, right? It’s major warm and still trendy…love the belt!)